- Website: https://www.ecomb.org/
- Email: [email protected]
ECOMB is an environmental education nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting sustainable living practices, fostering environmental stewardship and preserving our community’s ecology. This mission is carried out through the development and implementation of a variety of educational programs and campaigns in an effort to achieve the following objectives:
- Reduce the amount of litter in Miami-Dade County’s beaches, waterways, islands, parks and mangroves;
- Increase the county’s residential and commercial recycling rates;
- Promote, preserve and restore coastal habitats, such as our sandy beaches, near shore coral reefs, beach dunes, mangroves, and Biscayne Bay islands and waters;
- Decrease our community’s carbon footprint through the adoption of “green” lifestyle practices that are more environmentally sustainable.
ECOMB strives to promote better interactions amongst residents, visitors, businesses and government agencies. ECOMB believes that by educating and encouraging people to get involved, and to act responsibly towards their environment, that together, we will improve our quality of life, save resources, and live more sustainably.
By forming strategic partnerships both with local, state, and national non-profits, businesses, schools and government agencies, ECOMB is able to organize various community cleanup projects, conduct environmental seminars, and promote sustainable behaviors, practices and initiatives with in our community.
Miami, Florida, United States